Select People Solutions https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63605/logos/square.png https://www.selectrecruiting.ca https://www.selectrecruiting.ca true
Manager, Housing Services
Lethbridge, AB T1J0S9 CA
Posted: 03/09/2023 2023-03-09 2023-04-20 Employment Type: Permanent Industry: Management, Professional and Business Services Job Number: TW75329238
Select People Solutions is pleased to be working with Green Acres Foundation in their search for a Manager of Housing and Services. This non-profit organization has been providing affordable homes and care services for senior citizens in Southern Alberta since 1960. The successful candidate will have a hands-on leadership style that propels the organization forward and advocates for facilities and programs that support its residents.
The Manager of Housing and Services, a member of the senior management team, is responsible for the housing services and management of lodge facilities. The incumbent supervises site managers and ensures service levels are met.
What’s in it for You?
- RRSP defined contribution plan
- Fleet vehicles available for use
Compensation & Hours:
- The salary is commensurate with experience
- This is a full time and permanent position
- Day time hours with the expectancy that work will arise outside of regular office hours
- Leading and motivating a team of empowered, engaged, and proactive individuals by nurturing their skills and abilities
- Providing expertise to assist managers in identifying challenges and opportunities; encouraging individual commitment and growth
- Creating a unique customer service experience by being adaptable, adding genuine value and ensuring excellence in the services provided to residents
- Identifying opportunities and development of innovative solutions, programs and policies suited to the needs of residents
- Ensuring adherence to operational policies, legislation and standards
- Assisting in the yearly preparation of budgets and performance appraisals
- Participating as a part of the senior management team in corporate decision-making.
- 5+ years of extensive managerial experience in the enhancement of operations through effective team building and delegation
- Innovative and strategic visionary with the skills to prepare, position, and guide their team forward
- Confidence in making decisions that align with the organization’s mission, the needs of the residents
- Ability to mentor others to perform at the highest level and inspire respect, trust, and comradery
- Capable of listening to the needs of residents with intent of providing solutions
- Ability to converse with and can relate to people of all levels
- Satisfactory criminal record and vulnerable sector check
- Valid driver’s license and clean drivers abstract
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
Bonus Points For:
- Post-secondary education in Management, Human Resources, or Humanities
- Breadth of experience in management in different capacities, including hospitality