Select People Solutions https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63605/logos/square.png https://www.selectrecruiting.ca https://www.selectrecruiting.ca true
Calgary, AB T2C3N3 CA
Posted: 03/17/2023 2023-03-17 2023-04-20 Employment Type: Permanent Industry: Management, Professional and Business Services Job Number: SLP22868681
Select People Solutions is excited to be working with the Lethbridge & District Exhibition, a leader in southern Alberta’s agriculture and entertainment industry since 1897, to find a charismatic Manager of Event Sales, a new role for the Agri-food Hub. In their efforts to continuously accelerate economic opportunity through the delivery of memorable experiences, they began construction in the Spring of 2021 on a 268,000-square foot Trade Centre. This venue will soon be ready to host a myriad of events!
The successful candidate will execute strategic business plans to secure events using impeccable communication and presentation skills to achieve the vision of the organization, maximize event revenue opportunities, and support the growth & overall economy of southwestern Alberta.
What’s in it for You?
- Professional development opportunities
- Social events
- New facility to promote
- RSP matching
- Relocation not expected
Compensation & Hours:
- The salary is expected to be a base of $70K/yr. - $80K/yr.
- This is a fulltime and permanent position
- Managing and collaborating with the business development team to cultivate innovative strategies and produce growth targets that increase profitability, efficiency, and productivity of the department through a combination of traditional and modern approaches
- Fostering relationships with existing and potential customers throughout Canada by learning their needs, providing solutions, and delivering services
- Updating or implementing policies that improve service, performance, safety, and costs
- Coordinating with other departments to ensure events are executed efficiently, profitably, and safely
- Executing operational aspects of business booked such as proposal writing, contract creation & negotiation, customer correspondence,
- Managing and communicating logistics; outside consultants/suppliers needed, transportation options, guest accommodations, etc.
- Attending events, conferences, and tradeshows to network and solicit new opportunities
- Creating promotional packages that showcase Lethbridge and our world class agriculture and agri-foods sector
- Monitoring industry trends to maximize revenue; knowing how to sell against supply & demand, economic trends, and competitors’ strengths & weaknesses
- Utilizing booking software for events, always ensuring appropriate space is blocked to maximize sales potential, accommodate guest/event requirements, and account for set up/take down
- 5+ years of proven event sales experience; ability to procure contracts (conventions, conferences, sporting events, concerts, entertainment, etc.) develop sound plans, and deliver quality results
- A presence or energy that captures immediate attention
- Bachelor’s Degree in management, business, or relevant
- Can quickly adapt to changing circumstances or challenging situations using well developed problem solving skills and remaining accountable to decisions; solutions oriented!
- Availability for nation-wide travel (30%)
- Technologically literate; able to adapt to new software seamlessly
- Satisfactory criminal record check
Bonus Points For:
- Familiar with the agriculture industry
- An understanding of Lethbridge / Southern Alberta